How to Create a Travel Blog in 5 Minutes or Less
Steps to Create a Travel Blog in 4 Minutes or Less:
DreamHost Logo (note – click the image to save $$$ on hosting)
- First, make sure you have web hosting purchased, I prefer DreamHost.com
- Either click the link above or use the Referral Code – JourneyUnknown (all one-word) to save some money on hosting your website.
- Buy your perfect domain name at name.com
- For this example, we are using IfICouldDoAnything.com
- Now that you have your domain name and web hosting, you need to redirect your nameservers to match your web host
- Log into Name.com and go to your Domains.
- Click on the domain you purchased
- Then click on Nameservers on the left hand side
- Click the drop-down and select [ns1-ns3].dreamhost.com
- Click Apply Changes – note – this could take a little bit to propagate across the entire internet
- Go back to Dreamhost.com and log into your account
- Click Manage Domains on the left hand side
- Click ‘Add Hosting to a Domain/Sub-domain’
- Type your domain name into the domain input
- Don’t worry about the other settings
- Click ‘Fully Host This Domain’
- Wait until the success message appears
- Click on ‘One-Click Installs’ on the left hand side
- Click WordPress
- Select your domain from the drop-down
- Click ‘Install it for me now!’
- Note – Don’t worry about what is included in the deluxe install. It is usually a bunch of free themes, some security plugins, and other items.
- Wait a little bit
- Navigate to your website in your browser
- Follow along with the WordPress Setup Instructions
- Wahlah! You have now learned how to create a travel blog
Tags: Create a Travel Blogvideo
Life-Long Learner, Explorer, & Web Developer. Currently a Software Engineer at Jazz.
You may also like...